« Home | Game on. » | A new look! » | Smoked meat as a supplement » | Making Smoked Chicken Stock » | A weekend at home! » | I have a cow, Dude! » | The Wedding! » | Bachelor Party! » | Old Cherry » | Ode to steak. » 

Friday, November 11, 2005 

Game on #2

I stopped at the butcher's yesterday to pick up my brisket. I talked to the head butcher and just for giggles I asked him if he might actually have a pork shoulder in stock. It had been my intention from the start to do a shoulder, the brisket was a backup plan. As it turns out, he DID in fact have a pork shoulder. So, since I didn't have the cash for two massive hunks o' meat, I've decided to go the pork shoulder route!

I have a night meeting tonight (yes, I know, it's a friday and a freakin' holiday, but I have to work), so I won't be able to tend to the meat until late. But, I'm going to get it thawed and prepped up for an 8:00am start tomorrow morning!

There'll be a few projects around the house, some beer drinking, and a fire to be tended to! I'm looking forward to it.

I'll give you all a report on monday!

Have a great weekend,

Chris