« Home | A kick in the pants! » | Bucks Naked BBQ - Freeport, ME » | Another good suggestion » | Interesting notes about KCBS Judging » | The Great Harpoon Adventure! » | ...and boy are my arms tired! » | And so it begins... » | Rib Practice » | A successful Father's Day BBQ » | Wicked good stuff » 

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 

Ode to steak.

Ahhh Steak. There is nothing in this world quite like a perfectly grilled steak. This Sunday I had the pleasure of being home alone - Farmer Girl and the Boy were at our local fair. I'd been to the fair on Thursday and Friday and since Sunday is a day of football, I saw no need to go out! And since the wife and kid were out, I treated myself to the luxury of the steak. Don't get me wrong, they both eat steak, but they do not give it the proper respect and worship they should.

My favorite cuts are usually T-Bone or Delmonico. I like a steak that has a bit of fat since, as we know, the fat adds moisture and flavor. To prepare them, I use my East Valley Steak Seasoning (at some point, I'll do a post about my line of spice rubs). I simply shake a liberal amount of the spice rub all over the steak and let it sit for about an hour. Then, I throw the steak on a searing hot grill and away we go! I'm a huge fan of medium rare meats. Nowadays, it's hard to get meat at a restaurant that is cooked medium rare. Cooking the meat myself gives me the added privelidge of doing it the way I want, not the way the health department says it should be done.

So anyway, back to my steaks...

They were orgasmic. I grilled some fresh squash along with them and had a few slices of watermelon. That, a nice homebrewed beer from the Brewer, and a win from my beloved New York Jets and I had one heck of a good Sunday afternoon.

There is nothing like a perfectly cooked steak. Nothing.

Chris