« Home | It's official! » | Humble Beginnings (pt. 2) » | Humble beginnings (pt. 1) » | Starting off on the right hoof » 

Saturday, May 14, 2005 

Wicked Good Charcoal

I live in central Vermont which, as you might imagine, is not exactly the heart of BBQ country! As far as I know, there are no truly excellent or authentic sources of good BBQ in the state except when one of our local fairs is in full swing. This is one of the main reasons I have gotten so into Que.

As you might imagine, I have a hard time finding BBQ supplies as well. I just recently placed an order for lump charcoal from wicked good charcoal which is located in the nearby state of Maine.

I have to tell you that even though I haven’t yet tested their “competition blend” (which is what I ordered), their service is just excellent. I ordered the charcoal from my office and in less than an hour received confirmation from their shipping department that it was ready to be shipped. This in its own right was pleasing, but what really got me was a personal email from the guy [correction: It turns out that "Lee" the rep I was working with is "Lee Ann" - so I should say "gal"! - Thanks to Lee for the correction!] in their shipping department asking me if he had my correct address! I’m in rural VT, and FedEx and other carriers can get confused by our addressing scheme. The guy from Wicked Good Charcoal double checked my address with me within minutes of my confirmation.

Even without testing their product, I have to give these folks five stars for service!

Mule