« Home | Starting off on the right hoof » 

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 

Humble beginnings (pt. 1)

I should give readers a little background about my passion for ‘Que and cooking in general.

Many of the best moments of my life (with the noted exception of my wedding and the birth of our Son) have centered on food. My father has always been an exceptional cook, who reveled in the creation of large meals for family and friends, and the fun of eating it. Without his influence, and the many good times we had at our family cottage in Maine, I probably would never have become the cook I am.

I was fortunate enough to marry a woman who finds food as much fun as I do, and together we have become a great team in the kitchen. She bakes and is a wizard at making exceptional desserts out of whatever is in the cupboard. She can whip up one hell of a side-dish too! To add to the essential ingredients to our marriage, my wife’s extended family know how to throw a party and are no strangers to the kitchen.

To top off all of these family food influences, I have had the remarkable pleasure of finding friends who know food and drink like nobody else.

The bottom line folks, is that I love food. I love to cook and I love to celebrate food with good friends!

Mule